We learned this week that we have a court date of January 8th for Cara’s adoption. On that day she will officially become a Monteleone! This is so much excitement at our house! We have to wait a minimum of 3 weeks before we can go to pick her up, so it looks as if we’ll be traveling in late January or early February to go and bring her home!
We have no further news about Emma (Irina there, but we will call her Emma) at this time. We are praying the supreme court hears our case soon so that we can visit Emma in her orphanage at the same time we travel to pick up Cara. Then we will have to go through all the paperwork again, i.e.: USCIS I800 approval, article 5, minister’s signature and another court date before we can return to bring her home. I’m guessing that will be sometime in June. But Cara will be home before Valentines day! 🙂 Thank you all for the prayers!
I haven’t posted here in awhile because there hasn’t been much to post. We are still battling for Irina. At some point soon the Supreme Court will hear out case and make a decision. We have faith they will overturn the ministry’s decision to deny us the adoption of Irina. When that happens, our file will be returned to the ministry for an official referral. And then we begin all over again. We will have to travel to visit her for 5 days, then come home and wait for i800 approval, our article 5 embassy approval, a signature from the minister, and then a court date to finalize the adoption. She will have to wait another 4 to 5 months after our visit to come home. By that time she will most likely be 3 years old. The longer this little girl waits for her mother to hold her close, the longer it will take for her to recover from the severe neglect she has received. My heart breaks every time I think of the delays her government is forcing her to go through. I know God has a plan and His timing is perfect, but it is hard to accept when there is an innocent child waiting, and waiting and waiting for the love she needs.
We are waiting for a signature from the minister on Cara’s adoption. She is the bright spot through all of this. We should get the signature this week or the week after. We pray we will get our court date in early January, and bring her home in February. I write to her every other week to keep her updated, and help to prepare her for her move and new family. I can imagine how frightened she is at the prospect of all the changes. I know I would be!